Retirement is one of the most important stages in anyone’s life. After years of working hard and saving money into a pensionA regular income from retirement date until the person passes away. it’s now time to secure your retirement income.
Buying a pension annuity converts the money you have saved in your pension into a regular income which will be paid for the rest of your life – or longer dependent on your annuity choices.
Annuities at a glance
- You can buy a conventional annuity from the age of 55.
- Rates vary by annuity provider and on other factors such as the size of your pension fundThe money you have saved into a pension. , age, health, lifestyle choices and even postcode.
- By answering a number of questions about your health and lifestyle you may qualify for an even higher income with an enhanced annuity. Over half of our customers qualify!*
- You can boost your pension fund by shopping around to see what rates are available.
- It’s important to consider all choices, not just the highest rates, to ensure your annuity suits your circumstances.
Don’t make a very expensive mistake
It’s very easy to simply sign your forms and accept the annuity offered from your current pension provider…but that could literally cost you thousands of pounds!
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to exercise your ‘Open Market Option‘. This allows you to search the market and get quotes from other annuity providers.
If you’re worried that it’s complicated and time-consuming Key can do all the hard work for you.
Did you know?
If an annuity doesn’t seem to be the right option for you we can also advise on different options for your pension pot.
Talk to us to find out how we can help you to find the product which matches your priorities.
* Jan-Jul 2014.